"STELLA PLUS" PROGRAM
The extra-curricular program at Stella Niagara Education Park strives to provide students with opportunities and experiences outside the classroom that develop and encourage individual talents and abilities, as well as offer enriching activities and new experiences that foster growth and development. These opportunities and experiences strive to attain the following:
- Foster self-esteem and self-confidence
- Encourage students to explore interests and develop innate talents
- Motivate students to be the best they can be
- Provide opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Nurture the social development of students in multi-age and same-age groupings
- Promote school spirit and loyalty
- Encourage team spirit and collaboration among peers
- Encourage interaction and cooperation between students and adults who moderate the extra-curricular activities
- Provide a safe and joyful environment for learning.
- The included Registration Form must be filled out in order for a student to be enrolled in an after-school activity.
- Due to the limited class size of after-school activities, enrollment will be filled on a first come basis.
- All activities will meet on the assigned day at the designated time unless the instructor otherwise notifies students.
- If an activity is going to be cancelled due to instructor illness, weather or other unforeseen circumstances, parents of students in grades Pre-K to grade 3 will be notified by phone of the cancellation. Older students (grades 4-8) will go home on the bus or with their usual ride. If any student in grades 4-8 needs to contact a parent about a schedule change, that student will need to inform the office.
- Students are expected to report to their designated instructor on time and with all required equipment. Unprepared students will not be allowed to participate in the activity for that day.
- Instructors for the After-school Activities are not responsible for the children after the activity has finished for the day. It is the responsibility of each parent to see that their child is picked up in a timely manner at the designated time.
- If a child is NOT PICKED UP IN A TIMELY MANNER, that child will be sent to extended care where he/she will remain until a parent/ guardian arrives. A FEE is assessed for this service.
- Registration for ALL After-school clubs is due September 11th.
- Clubs are filled on a first come, first serve basis. If your child’s first choice club has been filled by the time you register, you will be given the opportunity to make an alternate choice.
- Clubs are scheduled to begin the week of September 18, 2017 and will end on December 8, 2017.