• Developed by Dr. Maria Montessori in the early 1900’s through scientific observations of children at work.
• The Montessori method is an approach to education in which children are given the freedom to explore an environment designed to meet their developmental needs.
• Through teacher preparation of the environment, careful observation, and individual program planning, each child is encouraged to become involved in concrete sensory-motor learning experiences.
• Children grow in independence and self-discipline. They are encouraged to work at their own pace in order to achieve their fullest potential.
• The result is a love of learning and a spontaneous, insatiable curiosity that children will carry with them for life.
The Stella Advantage for Montessori Students
Choice of schedule to meet the developmental needs of each child:
5 Full-Days 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
3 Full-Days 8:30 am to 3:00 pm; Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
5 Half-Days 8:30 am to 11:30 am
Taught by a team of four qualified full-time faculty members.
10:1 student-teacher ratio.
Children participate in art, music and physical education plus larger school activities and events.
Montessori Kindergarten students add Spanish, Library Media Center and Technology Lab to their curriculum.
The large classroom provides adequate space for movement throughout the learning centers, plus space for napping and resting.
Please note: the Montessori pre-school caps its enrollment at 40 children. Early application is encouraged. Applications are accepted in chronological order.
Montessori Pre-School Program