It is time to register your swimmer or swimmers for the Stella Niagara Swim Team! The SNEP swim team had a fantastic 2017 season. We came in second place in Division II overall. Our 9/10 age group tied for first place. Most importantly we had some great competition and a lot of fun! We are looking forward to the upcoming 2018 season. We look forward to reuniting with former swimmers and meeting our new recruits!
SNEP Swim Team Criteria:
- Student-Athletes should be able to swim one length of the pool without stopping or flotation assistance by September 6. ( we will work on this during summer practices)
- Student-Athletes must be enrolled in grades 1-8 at Stella Niagara.
- Swimmers will compete in their age groups which include 8 and under, 9 and 10 year olds, and 11 and over. This does not always coordinate with their grade.
TEAM Practices (Optional summer swim practices will be held on the following dates at Stella Niagara):
- Tuesday, August 21 3-5
- Thursday, August 23 3-5
- Tuesday, August 28 3-5
- Thursday, August 30 3-5
- Tuesday, September 4 3-5
(These practices are STRONGLY recommended. Students in grades 4-8 should attend
for the entire 2 hours. Students in grades 1-3 should attend for one hour. 3-4 or 4-5. Students who are new to the team will have an swim coach assess their starting swim abilities. There will be an adult in the water with them.)
*Official Swim Team Practices will begin on Thursday, September 6. Practices thereafter will be held on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday and Thursday practices will be held after school at Stella Niagara. Wednesday practices will be held at Niagara Falls High School. It is expected that swimmers attend at least 2 practices a week.
- Meets are held on Sundays at various pool facilities throughout out Western New York.
- Meets begin at either 8 AM or 11 AM.
This year our meet schedule is:
- September 23
- September 30
- October 14
- October 21
- October 28
- November 4
- November 11 – Championships at UB
There are no meets on October 7, which is Columbus weekend
The SNEP swim program depends on parental involvement at the meets. This includes help with timing the events, scorekeeping, officiating and coordinating swimmers for events. No experience is necessary. All training will be provided by the Neumann Catholic Swim League. Volunteers must have completed Virtus training.
- Team swim suits will be available for purchase. They are not required and information will
be provided as soon as possible.
- A Stella Niagara swim cap will be provided.
- $90 one swimmer
- $145 two swimmers
- $185 three or more swimmers
Registration forms must be submitted before you swimmer attends practice. Registration fees need to be submitted prior to September 6. Please make sure your swimmer has a valid physical form on file.